GREEN PARTY MEETING – [Translating Goals into Action]
Wednesday October 25th 7:00-8:30 pm
840 E Street, Eureka CA
All who share Green values are invited to attend, regardless of party affiliation.
“Town/Beer Hall Forum” on SB 562
October 26 7-9pm. At The Logger Bar, 510 Railroad Ave, Blue Lake, CA
Halloween protest in from of Assembly person Jim Woods office for his refusal to support SB 562.
October 31st 12pm. 1036 5th St in Eureka
“Meet & Greet” for Gayle McLaughlin
November 9th 6-9pm , McLaughlin is a candidate for CA Lt Governor. Held at the Labor Temple, 840 E St, Eureka
Shackled by the corporate oligarchy, our current government is unable and unwilling to take any significant action to address the most serious threat we face today, climate change. Increasingly, people are realizing we cannot wait any longer. 58% of Americans polled believe we need a third party. The Green Party fulfills that need. We have the values, the integrity, the ballot access, and the infrastructure. People are recognizing this throughout the world. Greens in the United Kingdom, for example, more than tripled their numbers in just one year.
We can do the same. With strategic planning, we can double our numbers in Humboldt County. We can increase our active participation, form coalitions, and we can build the base of support we need to elect real representatives of the people. Together, with courage and commitment, we can make democracy a reality.
GOALS FOR 2017
* Build the Green Party
– Voter registration drive
– Increase active participation
– Increase public awareness of the Green Party
– Support and campaign for endorsed candidates and propositions in June and November elections
– Election Reform: Continue the campaign for Ranked Choice Voting and election integrity
– Public Transportation: Advocate for a late night weekend bus, Trinidad to Fortuna
* Build a strong financial base
– Strengthen our communication infrastructure
– Update and develop our website; add new pages and expand contributors
– Set up a monthly sustainer program
– Membership drive: Be a Card Carrying Green!